- Birth Date
- 11 February 1847
- Death Date
- 23 June 1904
Ephraim Tomkinson Jr.
The Tomkinson family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Samuel Gully/Orson Spencer Company in 1849. The Tomkinson family included Ephraim and Ann Douglas and their son Ephraim. Ephraim Jr. crossed the plains again in 1864 as an out-and-back teamster for the Warren Company. In the Edwards biography, he is mistakenly remembered as Ephraim Thompson.
In some sources his birth date is 19 January 1848.
- Age at Departure: 2
- Age at Departure: 17
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- Captain William S. Warren Company (third ox train), manifests, 1864.
- Edwards, Elizabeth. "Biography" in Biographies of Elizabeth Edwards Hanks, Pioneer of 1864, Sarah and Morgan Edwards, Pioneer of 1864, and George William Hanks, Pioneer of 1857, Ilene Hanks Kingsbury (Salt Lake City, Utah: privately printed, ).
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Reuben Miller journals, 1848-1849, Journal, 1849 June-September.
- Reuben Miller letter to Brigham Young, 9 September 1849.
- Thomas Waters Cropper in Family History of Thomas Waters Cropper and Hannah Lucretia Rogers (1957), 22-26, written by Robert L. Ashby.