- Birth Date
- 11 February 1847
- Death Date
- 23 June 1904
Ephraim Tomkinson Jr.
The Tomkinson family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Samuel Gully/Orson Spencer Company in 1849. The Tomkinson family included Ephraim and Ann Douglas and their son Ephraim. Ephraim Jr. crossed the plains again in 1864 as an out-and-back teamster for the Warren Company. In the Edwards biography, he is mistakenly remembered as Ephraim Thompson.
In some sources his birth date is 19 January 1848.
- Age at Departure: 2
- Age at Departure: 17
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- “Captain William S. Warren Company (third ox train), manifests, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 13)
- Cropper, Thomas Waters, [Autobiography], in Family History of Thomas Waters Cropper and Hannah Lucretia Rogers , 22-26.
- Edwards, Elizabeth. "Biography" in Biographies of Elizabeth Edwards Hanks, Pioneer of 1864, Sarah and Morgan Edwards, Pioneer of 1864, and George William Hanks, Pioneer of 1857, Ilene Hanks Kingsbury (Salt Lake City, Utah: privately printed, ).
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Miller, Reuben, to Brigham Young, 9 Sept. 1849, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 31, box 21, fd. 17.
- Reuben Miller journals, 1848-1849, Journal, 1849 June-September.