- Birth Date
- 17 March 1830
- Death Date
- 15 March 1906
James Alexander Ivie
James initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Brigham Young Company as a part of the Third Hundred under Lorenzo Snow in 1848. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 18
- Age at Departure: 26
- 1850 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- "Events and Comments," Improvement Era, 1906, 9:581.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- First 100, report, 1848 June.
- Provo Utah Central Stake general minutes, 1849-1977, Volume 9, 1849-1858, 1866-1872 (Utah Stake City Branch record of members).
- "Salina: Two Veterans Called," Deseret Evening News , 19 Mar. 1906, 11.
- Shoshone Mission journal, 1855 May-1857 October, 41-60.
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.