- Birth Date
- 7 January 1800
- Death Date
- 7 April 1862
The Deseret News item cited below says that Joshua crossed the plains with four other people (probably members of his own family). These were: Dorothy (Joshua's wife), John (who appears at Provo in the Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishop's Reports, 28 Dec. 1852), Mary Ann (who married at Provo in December 1852) and one other yet to be determined.
- Age at Departure: 52
- Head of Household
- 1856 Utah Census.
- "1st Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 18 Sep. 1852, 2.
- "1st Company of 50 reports, 1852." In Brigham Young Office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 6)
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Higbee, John Somers, Reminiscences and diaries, 1845-1866, vol. 3.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 2.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.