- Birth Date
- 3 September 1824
- Death Date
- 14 February 1872
Joseph Marcellus Simmons
Joseph arrived in Utah with a party of California-bound emigrant. He stayed in Utah, joined the church and became bookkeeper for Brigham Young.
He later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 25
- Age at Departure: 32
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Burton, Robert Taylor, Diaries 1856-1907, Record book, circa 1856 October-November.
- "Died," Deseret News [Weekly], 21 February 1872, 36.
- "Old Salt Lakers," Deseret Evening News , 25 Aug. 1900, 11.
- Simmons, Joseph M. to Horace K. Whitney, 24 November 1856. Simmons, Joseph W. A Brief Biography of Joseph Marcellus Simmons.
- Simmons,Rachel Emma Woolley, "Journal of Rachel Emma Woolley Simmons," Heart Throbs of the West, 12 vols. [1939-51], 11: 164.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Young, Brigham and Heber C. Kimball and Daniel H. Wells to "All the Men and Brethren...", 11 November 1856. Brigham Young office files 1832-1878, General Outgoing Correspondence 1843-1876.