- Birth Date
- 7 April 1820
- Death Date
- 10 January 1899
Although not directly listed in the memorandum book, William (Matilda’s husband) purchased enough food rations for three people. According to New York passenger lists, the Cater's (whose name is spelled Cato in the memorandum book, but Cater everywhere else) traveled from Liverpool to New York aboard the Colorado, arriving 28 July 1868.
- Age at Departure: 48
- “Captain D. D. McArthur memorandum book, 1868.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- "Died," Deseret Evening News, 10 January 1899, 5.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger D, p. 24.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.