- Birth Date
- 23 December 1815
- Death Date
- 1 December 1900
Arrived in New York on 20 July 1864 via the ship Hudson, with his wife, Mary, and children, Elizabeth and Marmaduke. On the ship manifest their surname is spelled "Hewiston." Birth date confirmed by Millcreek Ward records at the time of his re-baptism on 25 December 1864. George appears in the records of the Utah Territorial Militia in October 1869.
Family records submitted to the Son's of the Utah Pioneers organization indicate that the family traveled with the Warren Snow company in 1864, but further research is needed to verify that.
- Age at Departure: 48
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- "Died", Deseret Evening News, 3 December 1900, 5.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Hewitson," Deseret Evening News, in Journal History, 1 December 1900, p. 27.
- Millcreek Ward, Record of Members. (CR 375 8, Reel 4200)
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1908-1949.
- Utah Cemetery Inventory
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.