- Birth Date
- 7 September 1828
- Death Date
- 25 September 1906
George Simon Dalton
George initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Silas Richards Company in 1849. The Camp of Israel documents indicate that he was a driver. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
His death certificate shows his birth date as 7 September 1835, but the inscription on his gravestone shows a contradictory date of 7 September 1828. The Camp of Israel document indicates he was 21 in 1849, which would support the year of 1828.
- Age at Departure: 20
- Age at Departure: 28
- "Funeral of Geo. S. Dalton," Deseret News, 28 September 1906, 3.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 5C.
- Silas Richards company, 1849 September in Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Silas Richards letter to Brigham Young, 24 August 1849.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Young, Brigham and Heber C. Kimball and J. M. Grant to To Whom It May Concern, 3 November 1856. Brigham Young office files 1832-1878, Letterbooks, 1844-1877.