- Birth Date
- 4 July 1805
- Death Date
- 14 April 1898
Jacob Er Terry Sr.
Evidence from census, newspaper, church, autobiographical, and genealogical records proves that the Terry family traveled to Utah in 1852. Further research is needed to determine the name of the company they traveled with.
In some records he is referred to as "father Terry."
- Age at Departure: 46
- Head of Household
- 1852 Iowa State Census.
- 1856 Utah Census.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 10 March 1852, 1.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 17 May 1898, 2.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Nauvoo Community Project
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Terry, Olive Harriet Otto, "A Mormon Bride in the Great Migration," ed. Orval E. Baldwin, Nebraska History , Spring 1977, 65-69.