- Birth Date
- 6 October 1814
- Death Date
- 17 May 1900
John C. Eaby
Journal History, Supp. after 31 Dec. 1848, p. 5 (a non-contemporary typescript list) and Pioneers and Prominent Men erroneously list Eaby as coming in the 1848 Brigham Young company. The Camp of Israel roster, which was taken at the time of travel, clearly lists him and his daughter as belonging to the 1849 Silas Richards company. His wife died in 1849, prior to their departure, in St. Louis.
The 3 August 1850 Journal History article, documents John volunteering to return to his homeland to serve a mission. Though it is not explicitly stated, it is assumed that he was returning from that mission while traveling with the John Higbee 1852 Company.
Birth date confirmed by Millcreek Ward records at the time of a rebaptism on 25 April 1858.
- Age at Departure: 34
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 37
- 1850 Utah Census.
- "1st Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 18 Sep. 1852, 2.
- "1st Company of 50 reports, 1852." In Brigham Young Office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1850-1852. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 6)
- "An Aged Man's Sudden Death," Deseret Evening News, 18 May 1900, 8.
- Bay, James Willard, Diaries, 1850-1853, vol. 2.
- Bay, James Willard. Journal, 1850 July-1858 Apr., 163-75.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 5D.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 3 August 1850, 1.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 9 June 1849, 3.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1852, 2.
- Millcreek Ward, Record of Members. (CR 375 8, Reel 4200)
- Patriarchal Blessing Index, 1833-1971. (Closed to Research)
- Richards, Silas, to Brigham Young, 24 August 1849, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878.
- Salt Lake City, Utah Cemetery Records, 1848-1992.
- "Silas Richards company, 1849 September." In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.