- Birth Date
- 20 May 1805
- Death Date
- 2 May 1865
Augustus Alwin Farnham
Served as captain of Ten and was traveling with family in the 1849 Richards Company. In 1856 he returned from Australia where he had served as mission president. Some sources give his middle name as "Alvin" others spell it "Alwin." Massachusetts, Town Birth Records, 1620-1850 does not list a middle name or initial.
- Age at Departure: 44
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 50
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Anne E. Wilson to Mary Webster, 19 January 1850. Emma Smith Woodruff Collection, Woodruff family miscellany, Papers of Mary Webster, 1850.
- "Arrived," Deseret News [Weekly], 26 Nov. 1856, 301.
- Farnham, Augustus, [Biographical Sketch], in Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia , 4:307.
- Farnham, Augustus, to Brigham Young, 25 August 1849, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878.
- Hutchings, Eliza Ann Pectol, [Reminiscences], in "History of Shepherd Pierce Hutchings," item #2, 1-2.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 5D.
- Massachusetts Birth and Christenings, 1639-1915.
- Richards, Samuel Whitney, Journals, 1839-1909, vol. 5, reel 1, box 1, fd. 2.
- Richards, Silas, Reminiscences, 6-7. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Richards, Silas, to Brigham Young, 24 August 1849, in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878.
- Salt Lake City Property Index.
- "Silas Richards company, 1849 September." In Camp of Israel schedules and reports 1845-1849.
- Silas Richards diaries, 1846 May-1855 July, Diary, 1849-1853, 1-36.
- Silas Richards reminiscences and journal, circa 1849-1871, transcribed by Ailcy C. Morrell, 4-12.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.