- Birth Date
- 20 May 1805
- Death Date
- 2 May 1865
Augustus Alwin Farnham
Served as captain of Ten and was traveling with family in the 1849 Richards Company. In 1856 he returned from Australia where he had served as mission president. Some sources give his middle name as "Alvin" others spell it "Alwin." Massachusetts, Town Birth Records, 1620-1850 does not list a middle name or initial.
- Age at Departure: 44
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 50
- Returning Missionary
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Andrew Jenson, "Farnham, Augustus," Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia: A Compilation of Biographical Sketches of Prominent Men and Women in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Volume 4 (Salt Lake City, Utah: The Andrew Jenson History Company, 1971), 307.
- Anne E. Wilson to Mary Webster, 19 January 1850. Emma Smith Woodruff Collection, Woodruff family miscellany, Papers of Mary Webster, 1850.
- "Arrived," Deseret News, 26 November 1856, 301.
- Augustus Farnham Immigrating Company journal, 1856 May-August.
- Augustus Farnham letter to Brigham Young, 25 August 1849.
- Early Missionary Database
- Hutchings, Eliza Ann Pectol, [Reminiscences], in "History of Shepherd Pierce Hutchings," item #2, 1-2.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 5D.
- Massachusetts Birth and Christenings, 1639-1915.
- "News From Elders," Deseret News, 8 October 1856, 245.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Salt Lake City Property Index.
- Samuel W. Richards papers, 1839-1909, 1839 April-1840 May.
- Silas Richards company, 1849 September in Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Silas Richards diaries, 1846 May-1855 July, Diary, 1849-1853, 1-36.
- Silas Richards letter to Brigham Young, 24 August 1849.
- Silas Richards reminiscences, 6-7. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Silas Richards reminiscences and journal, circa 1849-1871, transcribed by Ailcy C. Morrell, 4-12.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.