- Birth Date
- 24 June 1808
- Death Date
- 24 April 1852
Martha Sophronia Goforth
Martha Sophronia Nelson
Circumstantial evidence places the Goforth family in the 1850 Hawkins company. Martha was a widow and her son, Dr. Thomas Goforth was in this Company; he died on the trail. (See the life sketch of Thomas Billington Nelson, a relative.) Martha received a Patriarchal Blessing at Salt Lake City on 10 June 1851; at that time she gave her birth date as 24 June 1818. In the 1850 Utah census she is Martha Barlow (she had married James Madison Barlow.) In death records she is "Martha Goforth."
- Age at Departure: 41
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Nelson, Thomas Billington, Life sketch, in Mormon biographical sketches collection [ca. 1900-1975].
- Patriarchal Blessing Index, 1833-1971. (Closed to Research)
- Salt Lake City Cemetery, Sexton Records
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1908-1949.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.