- Birth Date
- 30 January 1847
- Death Date
- 12 September 1908
The Frisby family arrived in New York on 6 July 1866 via the ship The Arkwright. Most of this family continued on with the Daniel Thompson company in 1866. Though the company records only list the heads of household, it is recorded that Ephraim's father, William, purchased 5 1/2 adult food rations for the overland journey. The PEF collection confirms which members of the family these rations were purchased for. Ephraim is not one of them so it is uncertain if he traveled with the rest of his family in this company or if he hired out in another. Further research is needed to verify the name of the company he traveled with.
- Age at Departure: 18
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memorandum book 1, 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- "Death of Ephraim Frisby," Eureka Reporter , 18 Sep. 1908, 8.
- "Death of Ephraim Frisby," Salt Lake Herald , 14 Sep. 1908, 8.
- "Death of a Veteran," Deseret Evening News , 16 Sep. 1908, 3.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 352.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America