- Birth Date
- 28 July 1800
- Death Date
- 8 January 1890
John Gandsworth Wilkins
Evidence from census and newspaper records proves the Wilkins family traveled to Utah in 1851. His obituary that appears in the Journal History, also states that he came to Utah in 1851.
The family appears in the Iowa census in 1850 (taken in October). First documentation to place them in Utah is the rebaptism of John Gansworth Wilkins in the Utah Stake City Ward on 1 January 1852.
Further research is needed to determine the name of the pioneer company they traveled to Utah with.
- Age at Departure: 50
- Head of Household
- 1850 Iowa Census
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, January 1890, 7, 8.
- Provo Utah Central Stake general minutes, 1849-1977, Volume 9, 1849-1858, 1866-1872 (Utah Stake City Branch record of members).
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.