- Birth Date
- December 1822
- Death Date
- 8 December 1889
Robert H. Collins
Robert H. Collins married Mary Jane Mayberry at Nauvoo, Illinois on 6 February 1846. He was a member of Company D of the Mormon Battalion and marched all the way to California where he was discharged 16 July 1847.
In 1848 he received a real estate assignment at Salt Lake City and it was here that his re-baptism took place on 5 July 1848. His wife arrived in the Salt Lake Valley in 1848. The Utah Territorial Militia records show Robert living at "Cottonwood" in 1852. At the time of the 1852 Bishop's Report and the 1856 Utah Territorial census Robert and his family were living at "Little Cottonwood." Further research is needed to determine the name of the pioneer company with which he traveled to Utah from California.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census, Utah County.
- Black, Susan Easton. Membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 1830-1848 (Provo, UT: Brigham Young University, [1984-1988]).
- Larson, Carl V. comp. A Database of the Mormon Battalion: An Identification of the Original Members of the Mormon Battallion (Salt Lake City: U.S. Mormon Battalion, 1997), 69.
- Nauvoo Community Project
- Nauvoo Temple Endowment Register.
- Salt Lake City Property Index.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.