- Birth Date
- 9 August 1824
- Death Date
- 26 November 1909
Samuel Whitney Richards
Samuel served as clerk in the 1849 Richards company and was traveling with his wife and daughter. Several years later, he crossed the plains again in 1858, while returning from a mission to England. Further research is needed to identify the company he traveled with.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 33
- Returning Missionary
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Samuel W. Richards papers, 1839-1909, 1839 April-1840 May.
- Silas Richards company, 1849 September in Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Silas Richards letter to Brigham Young, 24 August 1849.
- Silas Richards reminiscences and journal, circa 1849-1871, transcribed by Ailcy C. Morrell, 4-12.
- Snyder, Elsie Pamelia Jacob, Autobiography 1889, fd. 2, 18-22, 27-28.
- Supplement after 31 December 1849, 5B, in Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008.
- Utah Death Certificates.