- Birth Date
- 18 December 1807
- Death Date
- 17 March 1884
He was traveling with his wife and four daughters.
- Age at Departure: 41
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Augustus Farnham letter to Brigham Young, 25 August 1849.
- Canute Peterson autobiography, 1900, 19-25.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Hutchings, Eliza Ann Pectol, [Reminiscences], in "History of Shepherd Pierce Hutchings," item #2, 1-2.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 4.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 5E.
- Lucy Meserve Smith papers, 1848-1892 Family history and autobiography, 1889 June, 28-37.
- Merrill, Cyrena Dustin, [Autobiography], in Roberta Flake Clayton, comp., Pioneer Women of Arizona , 395.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Samuel W. Richards papers, 1839-1909, 1839 April-1840 May.
- Silas Ricahrds reminiscences, 6-7. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Silas Richards company, 1849 September in Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Silas Richards diaries, 1846 May-1855 July, Diary, 1849-1853, 1-36.
- Silas Richards letter to Brigham Young, 24 August 1849.
- Silas Richards reminiscences and journal, circa 1849-1871, transcribed by Ailcy C. Morrell, 4-12.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.