- Birth Date
- 22 June 1817
- Death Date
- 13 April 1903
Zachariah Bruyn Decker
He was a member of the Mormon Battalion and likely came to Utah from California with a group of Battalion veterans as his name is on the 1848 Salt Lake property list. Church ordinance records prove that he was in Salt Lake City by November 1848. In the 1850 Utah census he was in Iron County. In the 1852 Bishop's Report he was in Parowan, Utah.
- Age at Departure: 30
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- "Another Pioneer Gone," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 21 April 1903, 3.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- [List of those filing for lots, 1848], in Salt Lake County Recorder's Office, Land records [ca. 1847-1860].
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.