- Birth Date
- 12 December 1842
- Death Date
- 15 November 1882
Robert Nephi Comish
The Comish family evidently began traveling in the Hindley company, but according to a "Deseret News" article (22 Aug. 1855, 189) they arrived in Salt Lake City with the Livingston and Kinkead freight train. Evidence that they came in 1855 is confirmed in information found in Church financial records. Their surname is spelled "Coomish" on the handwritten and printed Hindley roster.
More research is needed to confirm Robert's birth and death dates as secondary sources conflict. At this time, dates listed reflect family tradition from Family Tree at FamilySearch.org and Robert's obituaries.
- Age at Departure: 12
- Age at Departure: 21
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1870 Utah Census.
- "Captain William B. Preston, memorandum book, 1864," Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains' accounts 1862-1868.
- "Died," Deseret News, 29 November 1882, 720.
- "Died," Salt Lake Herald, 1 December 1882, 8.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Idaho, Southeast Counties Obituaries, 1864-2007.
- Isle of Man, Births and Baptisms, 1607-1910.