- Birth Date
- 9 October 1799
- Death Date
- 18 February 1872
He was traveling with his wife and two youngest sons. The McOlney Branch record of members confirms that he traveled to the Valley in 1849.His travel to Utah is also mentioned in the obituaries of his sons Hyrum and James.
- Age at Departure: 49
- Head of Household
- "Died", Deseret News [Weekly], 21 February 1872, 29.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 5E.
- McOlney Branch (Iowa), Record of Members.
- Nauvoo Community Project
- Patriarchal Blessing Index, 1833-1971. (Closed to Research)
- “Salt Lake Briefs,” Salt Lake Telegram, 9 June 1934, 3.
- Silas Richards company, 1849 September in Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Silas Richards letter to Brigham Young, 24 August 1849.
- “The Utah Budget,” 12 January 1912, 2.
- “Utah State News,” Tooele Transcript, 1 September 1911, 2.