- Birth Date
- 28 May 1795
- Death Date
- 26 October 1872
His travel to Utah is confirmed by his wife's obituary. He may have also brought his two granddaughters, Semira LaCelestine Roslin Bassett and Ann Clarinda Bassett.He may have traveled with the 1852 William Morgan Company. A few years later he participated in the rescue effort to bring in the members of the Church stranded on the plains of Wyoming.
His birth and death dates are confirmed by the inscription on his gravestone in Nevada.
- Age at Departure: 56
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 61
- "Deaths," Deseret News [Weekly], 25 Aug. 1886, 512.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Presiding Bishopric. Immigrant Location Committee Minutes, (20 September - 13 October 1852).
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Wood, Semira L., "An Abridged Sketch of the Life of Semira L. Wood, 2.