- Birth Date
- 2 May 1853
- Death Date
- 26 October 1936
Son of Mikkel Sorensen (deceased) and Petrene Steck; children took the name "Mikkelsen" spelled "Mickelson" in some sources. Arrived in New York on 19 June 1861 via the ship Monarch of the Sea. He is listed as "Jens Mikkelsen" in the ship records. His mother, Petrene married Jens F. Steck in June 1861, so his name appears as "Jens Mikkelsen (Steck) in the company roster. The surname listed on his gravestone is "Mickelson."
- Age at Departure: 8
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- 1910 Utah Census.
- 1920 Utah Census.
- 1930 Utah Census.
- Denmark, Baptisms, 1618-1923.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 1212.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 22 September 1861, 8.
- Lever, W. H. History of Sanpete and Emery Counties, Utah: With Sketches of Cities, Towns, and Villages; Chronology of Important Events; Records of Indian Wars; Portraits of Prominent Persons, and Biographies of Representative Citizens (Salt Lake City: Tribune Job Printing Co, 1898), 160
- S. A. Woolley emigration list, 1861.
- Utah Death Certificates.