- Birth Date
- 1 September 1824
- Death Date
- 20 June 1868
Philip crossed the Atlantic on the ship Ashland in 1849. On the passenger list he is listed as a mechanic. At the time of the 1850 federal census he and his wife Matilda were living at St. Louis; he is listed as a "pedlar." His name first appears in the records of the Utah Territorial Militia on 1 July 1853 at Springville. This is where he was re-baptized on 3 May 1855 and where he was living at the time of the 1856 Utah Territorial census. He was ordained a Seventy on 25 May 1857. In 1860 he and Matilda were living at Ft. Churchill, Carson County, Nevada under the name surname "Weston."
- Age at Departure: 28
- Head of Household
- 1850 Census, St. Louis (Independent City), Missouri.
- 1856 Utah census, Utah County.
- 1860 Nevada census, Carson county.
- "Jesse W. Crosby Company report, 1853 August 19." In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 26)
- Utah, FamilySearch, Early Church Information File, 1830-1900
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.