- Birth Date
- 20 May 1856
- Death Date
- 16 February 1933
Daughter of Jackson Russell Wanlass and his wife Jane. The family crossed the Atlantic on the ship Columbia in 1856 and lived for several years in Richmond, Ray County, Missouri where Jane died. According to Sarah's obituary father and children did not cross the plains in a Mormon pioneer company. In some sources their surname is spelled "Wanless". Sarah's birth date is confirmed by Lehi Ward records at time of her re-baptism on 27 June 1864. She later married Millen Dan Atwood.
- Age at Departure: 6
- 1860 Missouri census, Ray County.
- "Community Pays Final Respect To Pioneer," Pleasant Grove Review, 24 February 1933, 1.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Lehi Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- "Sarah Wanlass Atwood," Deseret News, 18 February 1933, section 2, p. 6.
- "Sarah Wanlass Atwood," Salt Lake Tribune, 18 February 1933, 23.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966.