- Birth Date
- 30 June 1819
- Death Date
- 7 January 1911
Noah Thomas Guymon
The Guymon family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Aaron Johnson Company in 1850. They were a large family. The family consisted of Thomas and Sarah Gordon, and their children Polly Ann and family, Noah Thomas and family, Melissa Jane, and Barzilla and family.
Noah’s family included children from his first wife, Mary Jane, Lucinda Harris, and Emma Melissa; his second wife Margaret Elizabeth Johnson and their children Margaret Elizabeth and Martin Lewis; and his third wife, Elizabeth Ann Jones and their son William Albert.
In 1855, he traveled to the Salt Lake Valley as co-Captain of the Jacob F. Secrist/Noah T. Guymon Company.
In some sources his surname is spelled "Guyman."
- Age at Departure: 30
- Age at Departure: 35
- Company Captain
- 1850 Utah Census.
- "2nd Company of 50 reports, 1855 May 31." In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1853-1855. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Fd. 37)
- Charles Smith reminiscences and diary, 1842 March-1905 June, 31-42, 333.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Hansen, Peter Olsen, Journal [ca. 1876], 121-24.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 7 September 1855, 2.
- Lever, W. H. History of Sanpete and Emery Counties, Utah: With Sketches of Cities, Towns, and Villages; Chronology of Important Events; Records of Indian Wars; Portraits of Prominent Persons, and Biographies of Representative Citizens (Salt Lake City: Tribune Job Printing Co, 1898), 676
- Neilson, Peter. Family record, 11.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-Day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.
- Utah Death Certificates.