- Birth Date
- 1 February 1797
- Death Date
- 7 October 1866
Daniel Durham Hunt
The Hunt family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Aaron Johnson Company in 1850. The Hunt family included Daniel Durham and his wife Susan Davis, and Daniel’s children from his first wife: John Alexander, James Wiseman, Levi Bunyan, Benoni Smith, Daniel Whitmore, and Nancy Johanna Penelope. Susan Davis Hunt died en route. Daniel was the chaplain of the company.
Daniel later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming. He was the father of John A. Hunt, the captain of one of the wagon companies that needed help.
- Age at Departure: 53
- Age at Departure: 59
- 1850 Utah Census, Davis County.
- Elijah Averett autobiography, 15, in Averett family notebook, circa 1916-1965.
- Jacob Hamblin, Papers 1850-1877, p. 13-15
- Jacob Hamblin papers, 1850-1877, Autobiography and journal, 1850 June-1854 April, 1870 April.
- "Names of Persons Who Volunteer to Go as Teamsters" in Offerings for the assistance of the P. E. F. immigrants, 1856 October in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Tullidge, Edward W., Tullidge's Histories of Utah , vol. 2, "Biographies (Supplemental Vol.) of the Founders and Representative Men of Northern, Eastern and Western Utah, and Southern Idaho" , 120.