- Birth Date
- 29 May 1836
- Death Date
- 21 March 1912
Jacob Harris Baum
Evidence from census, church (Perpetual Emigrating Fund), and genealogical records proves the Baum family traveled to Utah in 1852; they were on the 1850 Iowa Census and a daughter got married in Utah January 1853. Jacob crossed the plains again in 1862 as a teamster for Homer Duncan's out-and-back company.
- Age at Departure: 15
- Age at Departure: 26
- 1850 Iowa Census
- "1st Company," Deseret News, 18 September 1852, 2.
- 1st Company of 50 reports, 1852, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Montgomery, Livingston, Reminiscences, 1-2.
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.