- Birth Date
- 1 September 1859
- Death Date
- 11 May 1942
Nels Frank Peterson
His surname was listed as "Persson," in the Mormon Migration database and as "Petersson," in the "New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957," collection on Ancestry.com. The company manifest lists the surname as "Pehrsen." The Deseret News roster incorrectly listed him as "Kils Frauz." Later censuses indicate that the surname was Americanized to Peterson. His given and middle name were listed as "Franz," on the company manifest. However, it appears that he changed it to Frank later in life. The family lived in Utah for awhile but eventually settled in Colorado.
- Age at Departure: 4
- 1900 United States Federal Census.
- California Death Index, 1940-1997.
- “Captain William B. Preston Company (first ox train), manifest, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Parish Register of Everod, Kristianstad, Sweden.