- Birth Date
- 26 January 1813
- Death Date
- 27 October 1890
Henry, George and Ann Patten arrived in New York on 6 July 1866 via the ship Arkwright. Only Henry, as head of household is listed on the overland company records. However, he purchased 4 1/2 adult food rations for the overland journey. It is assumed that his wife and George continued on with him to the Valley, but it is uncertain who else was traveling with them. Ship records show a 9 year old George Patten with them, PEF records confirm that "George C." continued with them to the Valley, but we have been unable to determine who he was. Further research is needed.
Church minutes in 1880 record that they came in the Mumford company, but there is no record of a Captain Mumford in 1866.
There is two different birth dates Find a Grave website has his birth date 26 January 1813 and his burial records has 26 February 1813.
- Age at Departure: 53
- Head of Household
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (2), 1866,” in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 362.
- Seventeenth Ward, General minutes, vol. 11, 346.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.