- Birth Date
- 18 January 1815
- Death Date
- 31 March 1878
Evidence from genealogy and church records proves that the Turpin family traveled to Utah in 1852. The family name is located on the William Morgan company roster as "expected soon" and may have traveled with the company. They may have also traveled in the 1852 James C Snow company, and was assigned to settle in the Provo area. Birth date is confirmed by West Jordan Ward records at the time of a rebaptism on 5 March 1853.
- Age at Departure: 37
- Head of Household
- 13th Company of 50 report, 1852 September 25, Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports, 1850-1862.
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1856 Utah Census.
- “Died,” Deseret News, 1 May 1878, 207.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Presiding Bishopric. Immigrant Location Committee Minutes, (20 September - 13 October 1852).
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Richardson, Arthur Merle, The life and ministry of John Morgan : "For a wise and glorious purpose" ... , Nicholas G. Morgan, Sr., historical research and publication [Salt Lake City : s.n., c1965], 25-30.