- Birth Date
- 25 January 1841
- Death Date
- 4 January 1914
Evidence from genealogy and church records proves that the Turpin family traveled to Utah in 1852.
The family name is located on the William Morgan company roster as "expected soon" and may have traveled with the company. They may have also traveled in the 1852 James C Snow company, and was assigned to settle in the Provo area.
Birth date is confirmed by West Jordan Ward records at the time of a rebaptism on 5 March 1853.
- Age at Departure: 11
- 13th Company of 50 report, 1852 September 25.
- 1856 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah, Salt Lake County Death Records, 1849-1949.
- West Jordan Ward, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.