- Birth Date
- 19 January 1809
- Death Date
- 11 October 1882
Ellis Augustus Eames
Ellis Eames attempted emigration with the 1847 Brigham Young Company. However, according to company journals and sources, he became sick and turned back. He brought back letters from some of the men traveling in the company to give to their wives and families. According to William Clayton's diary, Ellis Eames played the violin.
Genealogical records prove the entire Eames family crossed the plains in 1849.
- Age at Departure: 38
- Age at Departure: 39
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census, Utah County.
- 1850 Utah Census.
- 1860 California Census.
- Albert P. Rockwood journals, 1847-1853, Journal, 1847 April-July.
- Amasa M. Lyman collection, 1832-1877, Journal, 1847 April 8-September 10, 1-26 and 1-10. Events recorded by Albert Carrington.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Thomas Bullock journals, 1843-1849, Journal, 1847 April-June.
- William Clayton diaries, 1846-1853, Folder contents: (2) Volume 2, 1847.