- Birth Date
- 29 December 1800
- Death Date
- 18 December 1880
Her son Christen's autobiographical sketch states: "Mother and the rest of the family went with the Church teams, and after a successful journey arrived in Salt Lake City, September 12, 1863."Her birth and death dates are confirmed by the Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database and her obituary
The family came on the ship, John J. Boyd in 1863. The family consisted of: Mette, the mother, other members were: Christen, age 7, Christen age 26, Mariane age 32, Mette age 10 and Niels age 4. Christen and his wife Mariane, did not come to Utah. They stayed in Illinois.
- Age at Departure: 62
- Head of Household
- 1880 Utah Census.
- Denmark, Baptisms, 1618-1923.
- "Denmark Marriages, 1635-1916."
- "Died," Deseret News, 29 December 1880, 768.
- Olsen, Christen Christensen, Autobiography [ca. 1882].
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.