- Birth Date
- 10 August 1816
- Death Date
- 2 November 1883
John Spendlove Sr.
The Spendlove family arrived in New York on 20 July 1863 via the ship Amazon. They continued on to the Valley that same year, as is documented in the Perpetual Emigrating Fund records. In a biographical sketch of his life John is quoted as saying. "When we came to Utah in 1863, I drove an ox team all the way across the plains." Further research is needed to identify the name of the company with which he traveled.
- Age at Departure: 46
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- John Spendlove (1816-1883,) Biographical Sketch by Jolene Spendlove Allphin.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 706.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.