- Birth Date
- 5 January 1840
- Death Date
- 9 December 1912
John Spendlove Jr.
John and Mary Spendlove arrived in New York on 20 July 1863 via the ship Amazon. They were newlyweds from England. Their marriage record shows John as age 23 and Mary as age 19. However, Mary is not listed on the ship manifest as a Spendlove. She apparently traveled under her maiden name (Davies) because there is a nineteen-year-old Mary Davies on the Amazon manifest. They continued on to the Valley that same year, as is documented in the Perpetual Emigrating Fund records. A secondary source says they crossed the plains in the 1863 Daniel McArthur Company but this must be verified by a primary source. Further research is needed. John's parents and younger brother traveled on the same ship so they likely traveled with John and Mary in the same overland.
- Age at Departure: 23
- Head of Household
- 1880 Utah Census, Washington County.
- 1900 Utah census, Washington County.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 706.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificates, 1904-1964.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.