- Birth Date
- 1 November 1826
- Death Date
- 4 June 1908
Martha Ann Gower
Martha Ann Stockdale,
Martha Ann Tidswell
Martha and her husband John Stockdale crossed the Atlantic on the ship Sailor Prince in 1848. They were newly weds. John died of cholera at St. Louis Missouri in 1849. Martha married Thomas C. Gower, a widower with a six year old daughter, in 1850. He had lost his wife and two of his children to cholera.
- Age at Departure: 27
- 1856 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah census, Iron county.
- "Cedar City: Pioneer Goes To Her Rest," Deseret Evening News, 9 June 1908, 3.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- New Orleans, Passenger Lists, 1813-1963.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966