- Birth Date
- 9 April 1816
- Death Date
- 25 March 1891
John Martin Pitt
The Pitt family arrived in New York on 6 June 1866 via the ship John Bright. The overland company records only list John, as head of household. However, the notation that he purchased 4 1/2 adult food rations indicate that the rest of his family was with him for this portion of the journey as well.
- Age at Departure: 50
- Head of Household
- 1841 England and Wales Census.
- 1861 England and Wales Census.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (1), 1866.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1944.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- England and Wales Census, 1851.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913).
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Account 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 363.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.