- Birth Date
- 19 October 1820
- Death Date
- 31 March 1930
The Pitt family arrived in New York on 6 June 1866 via the ship John Bright. The overland company records only list John, as head of household. However, the notation that he purchased 4 1/2 adult food rations indicate that the rest of his family was with him for this portion of the journey as well.
- Age at Departure: 45
- 1861 England and Wales Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- 1910 Utah Census.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memorandum book 1, 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1944.
- England Marriages, 1538-1973.
- England and Wales Census, 1851.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.