- Birth Date
- 26 March 1849
- Death Date
- 5 February 1937
The Pitt family arrived in New York on 6 June 1866 via the ship John Bright. The overland company records only list John, as head of household. However, the notation that he purchased 4 1/2 adult food rations indicate that the rest of his family was with him for this portion of the journey as well.
Meshach crossed the plains once more in 1868, working as an out-and-back teamster from Nephi on the McArthur company.
His given name is also spelled "Meshack."
- Age at Departure: 17
- Age at Departure: 19
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- 1910 Utah Census.
- 1920 Utah Census.
- “Captain D. D. McArthur memorandum book, 1868.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- “Captain Daniel Thompson, memorandum book 1, 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868.
- England and Wales Census, 1851.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Utah, County Marriages, 1887-1940
- Utah Death Certificates.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.