- Birth Date
- 31 July 1802
- Death Date
- 20 July 1877
As a Mormon Battalion veteran, he traveled from California to Utah. His name on the 1848 property list and re-baptisms in Salt Lake verifies that he came in 1848. He was rebaptized on 12 November 1848. Further research is needed to identify the name of the pioneer company with which he reached Utah.
He then went east to Winter Quarters and returned in 1850, leading his own company of emigrants.
- Age at Departure: 45
- Age at Departure: 47
- Company Captain
- 1850 Utah Census, Davis County.
- Autobiography of John Haslem Clark, 4, 6. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- "Died," Deseret News [Weekly], 1 August 1877, 411.
- "Emigration," Latter-day Saints' Millennial Star, 15 August 1850, 252-53.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- George Peacock papers, 1851 November-1861 April, 1869, Journal and reminiscences, 1851 November-1861 April, 6-7.
- Glen B. Miner and Caroline E. Miner, Facts and Fancies of the Glen Bryant Miner and Caroline Eyring Miner Family (1981), 5.
- "Hawkins, Benjamin," A Database of The Mormon Battalion, 118-119.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 2.
- [List of those filing for lots, 1848], in Salt Lake County Recorder's Office, Land records [ca. 1847-1860].
- Nauvoo Community Project
- Rebaptisms in Great Salt Lake Valley: 1847-1854, 1858-1863 [Index].
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Samuel K. Gifford reminiscences, 1864, 9-10.
- Tamma D. M. Curtis in Carter Pioneers of Provo, Utah (Provo: J. Grant Stevenson, 1966) compiled by Arthur D. Coleman, 123.
- Thomas B. Nelson autobiographical sketch, circa 1902.