- Birth Date
- 31 July 1802
- Death Date
- 20 July 1877
As a Mormon Battalion veteran, he traveled from California to Utah. His name on the 1848 property list and re-baptisms in Salt Lake verifies that he came in 1848. Further research is needed to identify the name of the pioneer company with which he reached Utah.
He then went east to Winter Quarters and returned in 1850, leading his own company of emigrants.
- Age at Departure: 45
- Age at Departure: 47
- 1850 Utah Census, Davis County.
- Clark, John Haslem, Autobiography of John Haslem Clark, 4, 6. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Curtis, Tamma D. M., [Autobiography], in Arthur D. Coleman, comp., Carter Pioneers of Provo, Utah , 123.
- "Died," Deseret News [Weekly], 1 August 1877, 411.
- "Emigration (From the Frontier Guardian , June 12 th , 1850)," Latter-day Saints' Millennial Star 15 Aug. 1850, 252-53.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Gifford, Samuel Kendall, Reminiscences, 1864, 8-10.
- "Hawkins, Benjamin," A Database of The Mormon Battalion, 118-119.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 2.
- [List of those filing for lots, 1848], in Salt Lake County Recorder's Office, Land records [ca. 1847-1860].
- Miner, Mormon, [Autobiography], in Facts and Fancies of the Glen Bryant Miner and Caroline Eyring Miner Family , 5.
- Nelson, Thomas Billington, Autobiographical sketch [ca. 1902].
- Peacock, George, Journal and reminiscences 1851 Nov.-1861 Apr., Journal #1, 6-7.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852." In Wright, Norman Edgar, ed., Key to Migration Sources Great Britain and North America.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of Members.