- Birth Date
- 1 January 1818
- Death Date
- 6 October 1895
Thomas Smith Johnson
He served as a Captain of Fifty in the Benjamin Hawkins Company.
He was rebaptized in Salt Lake City on 28 October 1850. It is possible that his son Isaac Johnson and his second wife, Mary Elizabeth Hassen Johnson traveled to Utah with the Hawkins company, but we do not have access to a company roster which would confirm that information.
The 1856 Utah census shows him living in the Salt Lake City Seventh Ward.
- Age at Departure: 32
- 1856 Utah Census.
- Black, Susan Easton. Membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 1830-1848 (Provo, UT: Brigham Young University, [1984-1988]).
- "Emigration. (From the Frontier Guardian, June 12th, 1850)," Latter-day Saints' Millennial Star 15 August 1850, 252-53.
- George Peacock papers, 1851 November-1861 April, 1869, Journal and reminiscences, 1851 November-1861 April, 6-7.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 2.
- Nancy A. Tracy reminiscences and diary, 1896 May-1899 July, 37-42.
- Nelson, Thomas Billington, Life sketch, in Mormon biographical sketches collection [ca. 1900-1975].
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- Samuel K. Gifford reminiscences, 1864, 9-10.
- Thomas B. Nelson autobiographical sketch, circa 1902.