- Birth Date
- 16 April 1808
- Death Date
- 10 March 1884
William Reading Jr.
The Reading family came to Utah in either 1863 or 1864. They likely came in 1863, the year they took a PEF loan for their emigration and sailed to America on the ship Antarctica. But the first documentation to place them in Utah are a child's death in November 1864. Further research is needed to narrow the year of their travel.
Their son William, born in 1843, came to Utah in 1861.
- Age at Departure: Unknown
- Head of Household
- "Busy Life and Labors of William Reading, a Former Member of Logan's Business Fraternity," The Journal, 4 January 1917, p. 1.
- "Deaths," Deseret News, 19 March 1884, 144.
- "Died," Salt Lake Herald-Republican, 11 March 1884, p. 3.
- Missionary Database
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.