- Birth Date
- 18 October 1843
- Death Date
- 29 December 1908
John Luther Dalton
John initially traveled with his parents, Charles Dalton and Mary Elizabeth Warner, to the Salt Lake Valley with the Willard Richards Company in 1848, as indicated in Charles’ obituary in the Ogden Standard on 23 May 1891 and New FamilySearch.
He was baptized in Salt Lake City on 1 February 1852.
In the Spring of 1863, John left for a mission to Europe. At the end of that mission, he traveled with the Thomas E. Ricks company in 1866, as indicated in a Deseret News article of 30 August 1866.
- Age at Departure: 4
- Age at Departure: 22
- 1850 Utah Census.
- "Demise of a Pioneer," Ogden Standard, 23 May 1891.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "List of Names in Incoming Passenger Trains," Deseret News, 16 August 1866, 1.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Returned Missionaries," Deseret News [Weekly] 30 Aug. 1866, 317.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.