- Birth Date
- 11 June 1840
- Death Date
- 12 June 1924
He sailed to America in 1862 on the ship Humboldt.
is surname is listed as "Houlsen" on the Deseret News roster and "Oversen" on the Perpetual Emigrating Fund ledger. He came on the ship, Humboldt in 1862 with his step father, Lars Petersen and Mother, Maren. Also his siblings: Frederick, Jens and Maren. Ovesen is also listed as Oveson.
- Age at Departure: 22
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- 1910 Utah Census.
- 1920 Utah Census.
- European Mission emigration records, Scandinavian Mission, 1852-1920.
- Excerpt from Ove C. Oveson journal, 1860-1920.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Joseph W. Young, "Report of the Immigration," Deseret News, 17 September 1862, 93.
- "Leamington Pioneer Called by Death," Millard County Progress Review, 20 June 1924, p. 1.
- Parish Register of Herrested, Svendborg, Denmark.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 509.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- United States Index to Indian Wars Pension Files, 1892-1926.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.