- Birth Date
- 14 August 1841
- Death Date
- 30 June 1924
Jane Smith Freebairn
The Freebairn family arrived in New York on 6 July 1866 via the ship Arkwright. Though the overland company records and the PEF list only Archibald, as head of household, the notation of the number of adult food rations purchased and the balance of the PEF account indicate that his wife was with him for that portion of the journey as well. The presence of Archibald Jr. in the 1870 Utah census also indicates he completed the journey with his parents.
Her travel to Utah is also mentioned in her son's obituaries.
- Age at Departure: 24
- 1870 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (1), 1866.
- "Death Claims S. L. Builder," Salt Lake Tribune , 18 Mar. 1937, 10.
- "Funeral Services For Pioneer Woman To Be Held Sunday," Deseret News , 5 July 1924.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 351.