- Birth Date
- 7 August 1815
- Death Date
- 2 March 1875
William, his wife Mary, children Adam, Peter, Catherine and James came from Scotland in 1861 on the ship Underwriter.
The obituary of his son, Adam, indicates the family came to Utah in 1861. A reminiscence by his son, Peter, confirms they came in 1861 and traveled in Joseph Horne's company.
- Age at Departure: 45
- Head of Household
- "Died," Deseret News, [Weekly], 10 Mar. 1875, 87.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].
- "Peter Duncan," In Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- "Utah State News", Carbon County News , 24 April 1913.