- Birth Date
- 30 March 1830
- Death Date
- 27 March 1903
Church records prove that Nathaniel probably came to Utah by 1849. He was rebaptized in Salt Lake City on 14 April 1850. This record shows his name as "Nathaniel Hautchet."
At some point he continued on to California but returned before 1861 when his son was born in Payson, Utah. Further research is needed to narrow the year of travel for both trips and identify the companies with which they traveled.
The 1860 Utah census shows his name as "Hanset."
- Age at Departure: 16
- Head of Household
- 1850 California Census, Eldorado County.
- 1860 Utah Census, Utah County.
- 1860 Utah Census.
- "Anabella. Death of Nathaniel Hanchett, A Mexican War Veteran," Deseret Evening News, 30 March 1903, 7.
- Black, Susan Easton. Membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 1830-1848 (Provo, UT: Brigham Young University, [1984-1988]).
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Nauvoo Community Project
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of Members.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.