- Birth Date
- 14 September 1829
- Death Date
- 2 April 1895
Thomas Witton Ellerbeck
Birth date is confirmed by the missionary register.
Church records prove that Thomas arrived in Utah in 1851. His obituary says he was in the Orson Pratt Company. However, Orson Pratt's family traveled somewhat independently although he was initially organized as a leader in and a part of the James W. Cummings's company. Pratt traveled at some times with and assisted John Brown's company. He arrived in Salt Lake City on 4 October.
Thomas was rebaptized in Salt Lake City on 10 December 1851.
- Age at Departure: 21
- Andrew Jenson, "Ellerbeck, Thomas Witton," Latter-day Saint Biographical Encyclopedia: A Compilation of Biographical Sketches of Prominent Men and Women in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Volume 3 (Salt Lake City, Utah: The Andrew Jenson History Company, 1971), 72.
- "Another Pioneer Gone," Salt Lake Tribune, 3 April 1895, 8.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Historian's Office rebaptism records, 1848-1876.
- "Local and Other Matters," Deseret Evening News , 4 June 1895, 15.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 54.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 91.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- "Thomas W. Ellerbeck Dead," Deseret Evening News , 2 Apr. 1895, 5.