- Birth Date
- 26 November 1810
- Death Date
- 11 October 1884
He served as the Captain of 2nd Fifty in the 1850 David Evans Company.
FamilySearch shows a female child, Marion M. Bair, born to John and Lucinda Bair in 1845 in Nauvoo, Illinois and dying in 1856 in Utah. However, I can find no record of her birth or death, she does not appear on the 1850 Utah census with the family, and there are no primary sources linked to her on FamilySearch that we can verify. We cannot add her to our website until we have an original source which proves that she arrived in Utah.
- Age at Departure: 39
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 730.
- J. Millet on Cape Breton Island, 1927, 89-92.
- Nauvoo Community Project
- Nelson W. Whipple autobiography and journal, 1859-1887, 79-92.
- Nelson Wheeler Whipple, "Journal of a Pioneer," Instructor 82 no. 3 (March 1947): 121-124.
- Pioneer Women of Faith and Fortitude, vol. 1, p. 136