- Birth Date
- 27 October 1804
- Death Date
- 23 June 1883
The family's travel to Utah in his company is mentioned in the obituary of his wife, Rebecca.
- Age at Departure: 45
- Company Captain
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census, Utah County.
- Barbara Ann Eawell Evans autobiographical sketch, circa 1896, 2, in Daughters of Utah Pioneers collection, 1828-1963.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Hannah Isabell Fawcett Nixon in Library of Congress collection of Mormon diaries, 1935-1938.
- Hatch, Abram, [Reminiscence], in Edward W. Tullidge, Tullidge's Histories of Utah , vol. 2, "Biographies (Supplemental Vol.) of the Founders and Representative Men of Northern, Eastern and Western Utah, and Southern Idaho" , 192-93.
- J. Millet on Cape Breton Island, 1927, 89-92.
- James Amasa Little, Biography of William Rufus Rogers Stowell, 1893, 32-34.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1850, 20.
- "Last Respects Paid to Pioneer Woman," Lehi Sun, 17 May 1923, 1,
- Lorenzo Hill Hatch, Lorenzo Hill Hatch Journal (Provo: Brigham Young University, Adult Education and Extension Services, Extension Publications,1958), 12-13.
- Nelson W. Whipple autobiography and journal, 1859-1887, 79-92.
- Nelson Wheeler Whipple, "Journal of a Pioneer," Instructor 82 no. 3 (March 1947): 121-124.
- "Obituary," Deseret News, 18 July 1883, 416.
- The Bishop David Evans Family Association, Bishop David Evans and His Family (Provo, Utah: J. Grant Stevenson, 1972), 51-52.