- Birth Date
- 17 October 1820
- Death Date
- 4 August 1860
William Martin Ford Jr.
The Ford family came to Utah in 1851. They appear in the 1850 Iowa census (taken in September) and William and his wife appear in Utah Stake City Ward records at the time of a rebaptism on 20 July 1852, which was prior to the time that any of that season's emigrants arrived in the Valley. Some recent histories indicate that the family traveled with the 1851 Edward Hunter company, but further research is needed to confirm this.
Birth date confirmed by Utah Stake City Ward records at the time of his rebaptism.
- Age at Departure: 30
- Head of Household
- 1850 Iowa Census, Pottawattamie County.
- 1856 Utah Census.
- "Died," Deseret News, 12 September 1860, 224.
- Provo Utah Central Stake general minutes, 1849-1977, Volume 9, 1849-1858, 1866-1872 (Utah Stake City Branch record of members).
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- "William Ford," In Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.